Jobs and Internships
Membership and Operations Associate
Based in New York City, the Membership and Operations Associate will report to the Executive Director and work closely with the Deputy Director. The Associate will provide crucial administrative and data management support. IHRFG is a small staff of six; the ideal candidate will thrive in a close-knit team environment. Reliability, integrity, flexibility, a quick mind, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude and a sense of humor are strongly valued.
- Manage membership eligibility and requests;
- Oversee membership dues system and outreach;
- Manage registration lists and logistics for IHRFG member events;
- Support member communications (emails, surveys, announcements, event materials, outreach)
Data Management and Technology
- Maintain member database, mailing lists and working group listservs;
- Oversee data outreach for Advancing Human Rights research;
- Manage shared file system and conduct day-to-day maintenance of IHRFG website;
- Serve as point person for external IT support team;
- Provide tech support for conference calls, telebriefings and webinars;
- Respond to general inquiries;
- Provide administrative support to the IHRFG team (five full-time staff);
- Provide administrative support for Steering Committee engagement, staff retreats and staff meetings;
- Track payments and receivables;
- Manage organization-wide scheduling;
- Liaise with vendors and landlord.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Ability to pay close attention to detail required;
- 2 - 3 years of applicable work experience required;
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Excellent organizational skills and a talent for developing systems and managing information;
- Proven ability to support multiple projects and deadlines while maintaining quality;
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Filemaker and WordPress;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to maintain accurate and up-to-date data;
- Experience with data and information management systems a plus;
- Fluency in English required; fluency in additional languages a plus.
This is a full-time position and includes competitive salary and benefits.
Send a cover letter with minimum salary requirements, resume and writing sample to team [at] ihrfg [dot] org with your name and “IHRFG Membership and Operations Associate” in the subject line by January 20, 2016. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
IHRFG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. U.S. work authorization is required. For more information about the International Human Rights Funders Group visit www.ihrfg.org.
c/o Liquidnet, Inc.
498 Seventh Avenue, 15th Floor
New York, New York 10018
Fax: + 1.646.381.7587
The International Human Rights Funders Group (IHRFG) is a global network of donors and grantmakers committed to advancing human rights around the world through effective philanthropy.